Wednesday, August 18, 2004

And the (News)Beat Goes On

Thanks for the Memories to Vic at Darth Apathy

Apparently the New York Times is all in a tizzy over being subpoenaed in the Valerie Plame affair.

Vic already does an able fisking of the Times regarding htis issue, so I won't belabor the point. But he made a comment that reflects perfectly what I've been thinking lately, so I thought I'd chime in. He says:

We all know that the Left views the First Amendment as their sole property, but it's never been more apparent than it has been recently.


I couldn't have said it better myself, Vic.

Let's look at the recent examples, some of which I've already commented on:

- MoveOn.org urges President Bush to stifle the Swift Vets ad, while doing Kerry's dirty work for him.
- A Hacker plot to attack the GOP websites during the convention.
- The media demanding that someone pay for the outing of Plame, then crying "First Amendment!" when they get subpoenaed.

The list goes on. Just sit back and watch the comments section of your favorite blog, and see what goes on.

As Vic says, "The hypocrisy is stunning, though not unexpected."

No comments:

Post a Comment