Thursday, August 19, 2004

Gold and Helium

More fun from the Olympics:

The US women won the gold in the 4x200m freestyle relay, shattering a world record that was set by the East Germans, a 17-year-old record tainted by allegations of Doping. The whole swimming world rejoiced.

For me, the cool part was watching the medal ceremony. The women took off their laurels, placed them over their hearts, and sang along with the national anthem (as did I). AND THEY KNEW THE WORDS!!!!!!

I am not ashamed to admit it made me cry.

Congratulations to Paul Hamm on winning the all-around Gold in men's individual Gymnastics. But listening to his voice during the interview afterwards, all I could think was, "Paul, buddy, you're lucky that inhaling helium isn't considered a banned substance!"

No comments:

Post a Comment