I've been convinced for a long time that one of the main reasons so many liberals suffer from BDS has nothing to do with Bush himself, and everything to do with the fact that he was the first Republican president post-Clinton, and the Left wanted its pound of flesh. I've also had a niggling sense that, despite the fact that the Clinton presidency was rife with corruption and a disaster with regards to foreign policy, defense, the Second Amendment, and a myriad of other issues, we on the right made things a bit too personal, took a little too much delight in his downfall.With that in mind, I am joining the guys over at TCI in signing:
The Conservative Non-Derangement Pact
If Obama is elected:
1. We won’t convert the conservative blogosphere into a shrill, psychotic echo chamber consisting primarily of profanity-laced invective.
2. If anyone kills themselves in the White House, we will assume it isn’t murder until proven otherwise.
3. We won’t be so strident in our hatred of Obama that we push moderates into his corner.
4. We won’t start up another raft of conspiracy theories involving the Illuminati.
5. We WILL fight our political battles red of tooth and claw, but smile while doing it.