Thursday, September 01, 2005

In Katrina's Waves

Today, Bloggers across the net are participating in Disaster Relief day. I didn't get around to officially signing up, but I'm going to toss my hat into the ring from here and urge my readers to give.

A couple of charities that I and TFR believe in are among those listed, and I give them my hearty endorsement. They are:

Operation Blessing

Samaritan's Purse

Mennonite Disaster Services

Please give. We are.

UPDATE:

I just got off the phone with my local chapter of the American Red Cross, and they are going to call me back with information about volunteering for disaster relief work. I've also spoken to TFR about this, as well as emailed an inquiry to my boss. If I can get the following details resolved, I plan to go help with the relief efforts:

1. I will need special permission from work to take my vacation on shorter notice than normal.
2. I will need to be able to spend the amount of vacation time I have to spare, if the Red Cross can only accommodate long term volunteers, I can't miss extra work.
3. I need to scrape up travel expenses to get there. We don't have that in our budget.
4. We need local friends and/or family to step up and help The Feared Redhead care for the lad while she's at work and I'm gone.

I'd appreciate any prayers, well wishes, or financial support my readers want to pitch in. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment