Monday, August 23, 2004

It's All (Patriotic) Inside

Thanks for the Memory to my cousin Charlotte via my Mom.

Sears' advertising slogan right now is Good Life. Great Price. I would submit that they should add to it Real Honor.

My Aunt Cousin Charlotte (I have one of each, sorry for the confusion) received one of those feel-good chan mails the other day, which read:

I received this and thought it worth passing on.

I assume you have all seen the reports about how Sears is treating its reservist employees who are called up? By law, they are required to hold their jobs open and available, but nothing more. Usually, people take a big pay cut and lose benefits as a result of being called up...Sears is voluntarily paying the difference in salaries and maintaining all benefits, including medical insurance and bonus programs, for all called up reservist employees for up to two years. I submit that Sears is an exemplary corporate citizen and should be recognized for its contribution. Suggest we all shop at Sears, and be sure to find a manager to tell them why we are there so the company gets the positive reinforcement it well deserves.

Pass it on.


Now, my aunt is the diligent type, and so she emailed Sears and asked them for confirmation. This is the rersponse she got:

Dear Customer:

Thank you for contacting Sears.

The information is factual. We appreciate your positive feedback. Sears regards service to our country as one of greatest sacrifices our young men and women can make. We are happy to do our part to lessen the burden they bear at this time.

Bill Thorn
Sears Customer Care
webcenter@sears.com
1-800-349-4358


That pretty much seals it for me. Sears was already on my good list, as they were willing to extend needed credit to me and my wife despite my spotty credit (mistakes made while still single). Add to that the fact that they're stepping up to the plate for those who defend our freedom, and I am going to make sure I give them as much of my business as posssible. And I intend to make sure they know why.

No comments:

Post a Comment