Friday, September 30, 2005

Bartending Blues

The other night I took it upon myself to surpise The (hard-working) Feared Redhead with a cocktail. But I wanted to do something new and interesting. Plus I knew if it succeeded, I could blog on it (she loves being my food & beverage guinea pig). I decided that the easiest way to try something new was the tried and true variation on a theme. So here's what I came up with:

The Blue Cosmopolitan
1 1/2 oz. vodka
1/2 oz. Blue Curacao
1/2 oz. lime juice
2 oz. white cranberry juice
1 cup ice

Combine all ingredients in a shaker. Cover, shake well*. Pour into a martini glass, garnish wth a lime wedge and lime twist.

It tastes almost exactly like a regular cosmo, and the bright blue color really messes with a regular cosmo drinker's perception of reality. I was tempted to call it the Playgirl, since it's a blue version of Cosmopolitan.

*For me, a shaken drink isn't shaken well unless frost, or at the least condensation, forms on the outside of the shaker.

No comments:

Post a Comment