Thursday, March 16, 2006

Top Shelf

Just got back to the office after grabbing lunch. Next to the Subway shop (don't act so horrified, it's quick, cheap, and it's a work lunch) is a liquor store, so I decided to splurge on a bottle of Clear Creek Distillery brandy. Good stuff. But I also want to eventually stock up on their other spirits. I'm working on a pear dessert I call Pears Mazama, after the mountain on which Crater Lake sits. I'm thinking their pear brandy would be a perfect ingredient in it. And either their Framboise or Kirschwasser or both would be great in a Sangria-style drink with a Northwest twist.

I've had their apple brandy, and it's excellent. Seriously, if you see anyhting by Clear Creek in your local purveyor of spirits' establishment, I highly recommend it.

UPDATE:
Note To Vonski: Close, but not quite. Wait and seel, I think you'll like it. Don't want to spoil the surprise.

2 comments:

  1. Whoa, dude! I thought I was in the wrong place. Like your new look! Is this just for St. Patrick's day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:47 PM

    Yum. Is it going to be like a Pear's Foster or something? I'm envisioning:

    Butter, brown sugar,fresh squeezed orange juice, and a pinch of cinnamon along with liberal amounts of the pear brandy reduced along with it all. Served over vanilla ice cream, of course.

    ReplyDelete