Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Chez Chay

Last term was my last term working in the Renaissance Room, our student-run restaurant. The class that covered this was Restaurant Supervision, and it was pretty much self-explanatory -- we were the supervisors, the first years were our workers. Aside from the seasonal dinner events, it was our main contact with the first years, and overall, they were a great bunch to work with. Even though I'm nowhere near as close to them as to my classmates, I enjoyed getting to know them.

Which all leads me to a really cool thing that happened today. Last term, I was bragging to them about The Lad's enthusiasm for cooking. Today, I bumped into two of them in the library at school, and one of them said, "Oh, I have something for you". She left, and returned a few mihutes later with The Lad's first cookbook.

It's awesome, since he loves Disney almost as much as cooking. Remy from Ratatouille is the guide, and the recipes are all themed after various characterts, TV Shows and movies. It's not Haute Cuisine, to be sure, but it's easy, and fun, and they DO teach things like nutrition, safety, and even Mise en Place. He insisted on it being his bedtime story tonight, and he's already eying a couple of recipes he wants to try.

Me? Proud? What makes you say that?

No comments:

Post a Comment