Sunday, April 06, 2008

Crossed Fingers and Bended Knees Would Be Appreciated

I haven't said anything until now, because I didn't want to get my readers' (and especially my own) hopes up, but last Tuesday I had a job interview. The interview went well, and the place seems like a good match -- Northwest cuisine, they're looking for part-time cooks for now, they especially need AM positions filled, and the chef is passionate about, among other things, charcuterie. Until I graduate, it'd only be a few hours a week, but it's a foot in the door, and it's located close to Hayward Field, where the Olympic Trials will be held later this spring, so I'm sure after graduation there'll be plenty of time available for more work.

Please see the title of the post for my reason fortelling you all this.

UPDATE 04/07/08:

I GOT THE JOB!!!!!

The chef called just before 9 PM tonight, and offered me the job. I go in tomorrow to talk about my schedule.

Thanks to everyone who put in good thoughts and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment